Thursday, May 24, 2012

CBA Meeting, May 2012

Hi, Folks:

I just returned from my very first CBA Board Meeting in Winnipeg, MB.  It was the first time that I had attended a meeting and also the first time I visited Winnipeg.  It was great to meet members from across Canada and listen to what they had to say about the state of music education in Canada. 

The highlight of my trip was definitely the Saturday evening concert that featured the Manitoba Junior and Intermediate Honors Bands as well as the National Youth Band.  What an amazing concert!  Youth talent is alive and kicking in Canada - and that's a good thing.

Speaking of the NYB, they are coming to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in 2013.  Late April, early May time frame.  It will be very exciting to co-host with the NSBA and we, at the NBBA, are all very excited about it.  More on that later as plans unfold ...

Don't forget to renew your 2012-13 membership!

If you have any questions about NBBA, please don't hesitate to contact me at bandblastnb@yahoo.ca, the official NBBA e-mail adress.

Take care,

Melissa

Melissa Akerley Meadows
President, NBBA

No comments:

Post a Comment